Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lotaja and First Anniversary

Well I am finally getting around to blogging about things that happened over a month ago. The first of September I went and helped my mom be support for my dad during the Lotaja. It was a lot of fun. I thought it would go by so slow, but it actually passed quickly. He did such a great job. This is his second year and he beat his time by over an hour. He did so good. I could not even imagine doing it, but there are a lot of people that do it. I look up to each and every one of them.




Then a few weeks later on the 22nd of September, Ryan and I celebrated our first anniversary. He was so cute and got me flowers and a cute card. I gave him a book with 365 reasons why I love him. (One for each day we had been married up to that day) We just hung out together and then went down to The Cheesecake Factory. I love that place. We had a lot of fun. Then we went to San Diego to visit his dad and get away for a bit. We had a great time.
Cute flowers and card he gave me

The view from our hotel
Another view from our hotel
This is looking out our window a few hours later. It was sooooo foggy.

Hiking


Ryan standing by a nudity prohibited sign. Well we actually walked onto a nudist beach and we turned right around after that. Luckily they were far enough away so we could turn around with out being completely scared.Sailing


Imperial Beach

13 comments:

Chelsea Bailey said...

Cute Pictures! Congrats again! :)

Hilary said...

I can't believe it has already been a year since your wedding and reception!! But I'm so happy for you two and absolutely love you guys! The book you made him is SOO cute Sham! Oh my gosh! And I miss you seeing your face too! Love you Sham!!

Katie and Rob said...

Happy 1 year Anniversary! So exciting! That book is so thoughtful and SO cute! What a wonderful keepsake :) Looks like you had fun on your trip too!

Jackie Greenwood said...

I LOVE that idea of the 365 reasons why you love Ryan, that is so sweet! Looks like you guys had fun in San Diego, isn't it the BEST!!

Brad and Darci said...

Happy 1st Anniversary. I love your idea and glad you had a fun get away!

Chelsie said...

happy anniversary!! you guys are so cute! i'm glad you found such a great guy. and way to go your dad, that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary! (late) Sounds like you had a good one.

Sierra said...

I LOVE that book idea! I might have to do that next year...

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

Hey sham, I just read your post about friends and I'm so sorry that it's been rough. You're an awesome person and don't deserve to be treated any other way. Love you!

Shauna Spendlove said...

Hey I just found your blog on Heidi's... =) What a cute anniversary present! I scrolled down to see all your posts and to catch up on your life =) I love the wedding pics on the beach! I think that's every girls dream come true! You looked so pretty! Hope you are doing good!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple! Your trip looks like it was amazing! That book is such a cute idea! What a thoughtful wife!

Kari said...

Hey Shambray,
Finally got around to updating my blog list. Haven't checked yours in forever, now I will be though. Anyway, Happy late anniversary. That 1st one is always fun! And so so cute that book you did for him. A lot of work! I bet he loved it. What an awesome keepsake.
That's so fun you went sailing. I've never been. That'd be fun.
And Taylor Swift concert! I just bought her cds for christmas. I love her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary. Looks like you guys had fun!

Followers