Friday, May 29, 2009

Journaling

If any of you are like me, you have a hard time staying current on your journaling (that really is not a word, but you get what I mean). I was really good about two years ago; maybe I am only good when things are a little rough for me and I need to get things off my chest. I do not have an explanation. I just know I have been really bad this year and when I get around to it I have so much to say it is overwhelming. I try to write so fast that my hand gets a cramp. So I have been trying to think of ways I can do better. Luckily, I like scrapbooking so I get some done with that, but not as much as I should. I thought about this blog being a journal tool. Which it is and it works well, but sometimes there are things you want to write in you journal that you do not want to write on a blog that everyone reads. So I felt like I hit a dead end.
Then I came across this. It is absolutely wonderful. It is free (I know there is an option that you can buy but for me the free one works just fine!) I can type a lot faster than I can write. You can print it in book form if you would like. There are some "All About Me" questions that help you come up with things to write that are interesting. I do not know if I am telling you guys about something everyone knows about, but I did not know about it until about a week ago. So I thought I would share. It might not work for everyone, but if I could help anyone with the journaling problem than that is great in my book. I hope it helps someone out!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

what a great idea!! i'm such a slow, sloppy writer, and have really been a slacker on my journal this past year as well!

kendra said...

can't wait to check that out. Good idea.

Paige said...

Hi Shambray, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I didn't know that Michelle wen there for school. I've been a little scared to move there because it's such a small city but knowing she survived gives me hope. :) Does she have a blog? Or could you give me her email address? You can email me at paigenelsen@gmail.com or leave a comment on my blog. Thanks!!

p.s. It looks like you are doing really well! I'll keep checking back. :)

Katie and Rob said...

What a great idea, thanks! Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I will have to check that out. I would MUCH rather type than write.

Followers