Monday, April 12, 2010

If my desk could talk ...

If my desk at work could talk it probably wouldn't be talking it would be crying. I feel like crying every time I look at it! I get it cleaned off then about 2 seconds later there is a pile of stuff on it that is screaming for my attention. If you do not know me I am a clean freak. So to constantly have stuff on my desk wears me out physically.

However, my house is spic and span. I have been thinking about how I have been negative that past few times I have done a post. So this is my good news. I cleaned my house this weekend. It feels, looks, and smells great! It is Spring cleaning time.

Here is my list of Spring cleaning items this week:
1. Was the drapes (Ryan thinks I am so weird because they are relatively new, but I like to wash things like this often. Well like twice a year (that isn't that bad). That way it keeps our allergies in check.)
2. Wash all the walls and baseboards throughout the house.
3. Seal all the grout in our house. (I hate when the grout gets dirty and starts turning a different color. That is another things that bothers me)
4. Polish all our metal door handles and hinges.
5. Of course all the normal weekly cleaning things.

We will see how much of it I get done. We are going out of town this weekend. So hopefully I can get most of it done. I like to come home to a clean house after being out of town.


Have a great week!

5 comments:

Sierra said...

There is NOTHING better than a clean house :-) Tell your husband it's not abnormal to wash your curtains!

Anonymous said...

I love clean environments too, however, with being pregnant, working, and chasing Crew I have to admit I have been slacking a bit. Your post reminds me on all the stuff I need to do...

Kari said...

Oh spring cleaning. How I dread it. We've only been here a year, maybe I'll put it off til next year........
.........

Chelsie said...

i agree, it is so nice to come home to a clean house after vacation. i hope you had a good time wherever you went!

Shauna Spendlove said...

It sounds like you are really busy at work!!! So for someone who likes to be really clean have you ever looked at flylady.net? I bet you will love it!! There is tons of information on there so don't get overwhelmed, just look for what will work for you! According to flylady you never have to spring clean because your house is that clean all the time, just by following a few routines and doing a little bit every day! I have really LOVED doing it!

Followers